We deliver global professional and expert end to end services for industrial and commercial storage tanks and pressure vessels predominantly for the mining, chemical, petroleum and oil & gas industries.
We are specialists in industrial and commercial storage tank shutdowns, repairs, replacements, maintenance and upgrades. With over 15 years of storage tank experience we are leaders in our field and offer a truly unique end-to-end service.
APMS STS collaborate with our customers, subcontractors and suppliers, combining professional industry expertise and knowledge to produce effective and sustainable business solutions that achieve the required outcome for our clients, while ensuring the highest level of quality and safety standards.
Regular inspections of storage tanks are a legal requirement.
APMS STS inspect and report against relevant industry code requirements while safely preparing tanks prior to cleaning, degassing, maintenance and repair shutdown projects.
When combined with a suite of best practice inspections and access techniques we work with our clients to:
- Comply with insurance and regulatory standards
- Professionally manage associated risks
- Ensure regular tank inspection intervals
- Implement tank inspection test plans
- Reduced operating and maintenance costs
- Optimise investment on inspection activities
- Determine the scope of repairs and alterations required
- Provide defect tolerance and fitness for service assessments
- Assess remaining life of tanks
- Investigate cause of defects and any failures
- Minimise tank downtime
Our API 653 Inspection capabilities include but are not limited to the following industries:
- Oil and Gas
- Independent Terminal Operators
- Ports and Maritime
- Energy and Utilities
Our purpose is to:
- Ensure cost-effective tank inspection and repair strategies to reduce operational cost and extend life cycle of tanks
- Improve bulk tank operations through effective maintenance, repair, cleaning and inspection strategies
- Evaluate developments and trends in tank cleaning procedures and practices
- Comply to the latest safety and environmental regulations with an emphasis on the essentials of safety procedures in bulk liquid storage
- Implement the latest leak detection techniques to avoid catastrophic failures
- Implement Risk Based Inspections (RBI) techniques on your storage tanks for increased integrity
Our team have deep industry experience and we fabricate storage tanks from a wide range of materials such as stainless steel, titanium, special high chrome/nickel alloys including super duplex, alloy 31, 59 and Inconel.
We have in excess of 150 existing weld procedures and can also qualify new highly technical weld procedures to meet your project specification. We provide coded welding to Australian and International Standards, with full documentation and traceability.
Our Henderson based workshop is a contaminant-free environment for fabrication of exotic materials and alloys.
APMS Storage Tank Services provide innovative solutions for your tank remediation projects in the Construction, Resources, Petrochemical and Oil & Gas industries.
APMS STS have developed step by step applications for safe and cost-effective tank alterations and repairs. We have the capability to remove, alter, replace and modify:
- Tank shell plates
- Tank shell materials
- Floor Plates
- Correction of settlements
- Performing repair of defective welds and repairs of tank shell penetrations
- Executing repair of tank bottoms, fixed roofs, floating roofs, floating roof perimeter seals
Our technical consultants certify a tank clear of defects after a full inspection has been completed in accordance with international industry standards API 650 and API 653.
We also provide professional advice regarding tank remediations for floor or sidewall breaches, oxidisation or corrosion damage, buckling, dangerous settlement levels, and the removal or relocation of storage tanks.
Our technical trade team can repair any parent material tank including all grades of alloy / stainless and carbon steel. Our Tradesmen are qualified professionals with wide-ranging industry experience.
APMS Storage Tank Services has experienced tank cleaning and remediation personnel as well as the necessary equipment and capability to clean various size tanks in the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical and Chemical industries, particularly the sulphuric acid plant operations.
Regular tank cleaning is not only mandatory for most industrial storage tanks but also supports increased levels of safety and promotes asset efficiency.
We are able to assist in delivering the following storage tanks cleaning services:
- Tank Cleaning & Integrity
- Tank, clarifier, trap cleaning
- UST service
- Boilers and power plants
- Valve maintenance
- Standby rescue and support
We have a team of industry experts, as well as long standing partnerships with various industry specialists, to assist in the design and engineering of custom above and below ground storage tanks for use in various industries including the petrochemical and oil & gas industries.