BHP Billiton, Kwinana Nickel Refinery
Kwinana, Western Australia
Copper Sulphate Thickener Feed Tank
Work carried out:
Material procurement, fabrication, non-destructive testing, hydro testing, load out, delivery and installation of a SAF2205 Duplex storage tank for BHP Kwinana Nickel Refinery. Fabrication occurred over a period of 10 weeks, from receipt of purchase order to delivery onsite.
- Project and Quality Management – Preparation of quality documents (Welding Procedures, Welder Qualifications, Inspection and Test Plans, Quality Plan, Manufacturers Data Record
- Project Planning and Reporting – Preparation of detailed and resourced schedules including identification of critical path activities. Weekly client progress reporting addressing safety and technical issues and providing progress and schedule updates
- Design and Build of temporary structural section base to ensure the correct alignment of the Tank during fabrication and to dissipate the 250t hydro test weight
- Specialised tank welding to ASME and Australian standards using GTAW and FCAW processes.
- Management and co-ordination of multiple sub-contract service providers – plate cutting, rolling/pressing, machining, rigging & scaffolding, NDT, hydro testing, cranage and transport logistics
- Full Class One Manufacturers Data Report including welding documentation, ITP, material traceability, NDT testing reports, hydrostatic testing reports, as-built drawings and technical clarifications